Floor question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i was on here a couple of weeks/months back asking for advice on a gas pipe, well i am back.The conservatory is up and water tight and everythings coming together nicely (next question).I have quarry tile floors in my house and have aquired some tiles to put in th conservatory (lucky me), my question is how to lay them?.In my house they are on ash (old house) but in the conserv i have laid a foundation with blocks on top so how do i lay em?.My first idea was a concrete pad then lay em on sand cement be , but how deep should the slab be (if i need one at all ).As you can see i need a few pointers so any help offered is good help thanx in advance :)

Sponsored Links
If the blocks are flat and level then you could tile stright onto them. However, if there's uneven bits then it would be advisable to apply self levelling compound to even things up. Then tile onto this.

sorry, maybe i did'nt explain properly.the blocks are round the edge eg wall so what i am actually looking at is a dirt patch which i would like to lay the tiles, so.If i was too lay concrete to lay the tiles on how thick would it need to be.Or are there easier ways to do this.Again sorry if i did't make myself clear enough.Any helps good cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back