floor removal and levelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

We've removed a wall to create one larger room. However we now find a 2" difference in heights between rooms. One room has a screeded base with timber above, the higher side had a screed on top of existing flag stones. I'm in the process of removing the flags, (we've combed cellars below) and the ground appears to be a sand/sandstone rubble base. My question is how to level this and bring it in line with the other side to then have the whole area tiled.

Can I level the sandy base and lay polythene sheeting then kingspan insulation directly on to this base and then a screed of say 50mm directly on top of the kingspan as a suitable base to lay the tiles. Was thinking kingspan or similar to provide insulation from the cold floor below and we'd then lay a devi matt to take chill off tiles as well as complement radiators.

Is this plausible? or should I be looking at anthing else too

Thanks
Caz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back