Floor screed qty/mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an area of 10.8m x 3.6m x 80mm which I work out to be 3.11m3 of floor screed.

Based on the fact that 15 bags of cement to 1m3 sharp sand to create 0.9m3 of screed I have worked out I need about 51 bags of cement and 5.2 tonnes of sand.

Does this sound right to anyone in the know? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I’ll have a look for my old thread, when I was asking similar question.

I was going to tackle myself, but eventually contacted my plasterer to do it, he didn’t want to do it, we were talking mixes whilst there, I was looking at 1:4, he said not ideal, would be better at 1:3.

In the end I had liquid screed 28 sq m.
Glad I did, it was done in a morning.

It made me think I couldn’t have manually screeded the floor.

My cousin is a plaster and he is going to do it. He would rather I did a flow screed but just looks way more expensive. £360 for sand and cement materials plus £340 for 26 bags of self leveller on top of it all is £700 ish without any labour.

Flow screed is £1800 plus £80 for sand to bring levels up and extra flow screed or self leveller to level out existing will be £250. So £2130 total.

So £700 plus labour for traditional screed vs £2130 bearing in mind I will be one of the labourers. Looks to be around £1000 difference

That's expensive for liquid screed, so I understand why you have chosen to do it the traditional way.

Funnily enough the chap who did mine, said it would have been more economical to do a larger area than mine, but as i've put in UFH, etc, it was a better solution.

The result is very good, probably better than I expected.

BTW think I paid £450 for 1.7M³ of flow screed. Yes dearer than conventional.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
My cousin is a plaster and he is going to do it. He would rather I did a flow screed but just looks way more expensive. £360 for sand and cement materials plus £340 for 26 bags of self leveller on top of it all is £700 ish without any labour.

Flow screed is £1800 plus £80 for sand to bring levels up and extra flow screed or self leveller to level out existing will be £250. So £2130 total.

So £700 plus labour for traditional screed vs £2130 bearing in mind I will be one of the labourers. Looks to be around £1000 difference

have you got a price from a concrete company? -you will find ready mix screed is not much more than buying the gear and mixing it -mind you Im not sure if one guy could lay 40sq metres quick enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back