Floor screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a block and beam floor in a new extension, the drawings state 75mm insulation, 65mm screed.

The screed companies I have spoken to suggested 40mm liquid screed, 100mm insulation.

This seems very thin to me its a large area 89 sq meters, and I do not want cracks!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We have a block and beam floor in a new extension, the drawings state 75mm insulation, 65mm screed

If you have a full plan application then that's what you have to use.

40mm seems very thin, especially over such a large area, but how good are the company? They should know what they're talking about so perhaps 40mm will do? I don't think UFH would be a good idea in such a thin screed either, so you would have to consider that as well. Personally I'd use the 65mm screed.

Hi,

We have a block and beam floor in a new extension, the drawings state 75mm insulation, 65mm screed

If you have a full plan application then that's what you have to use.

40mm seems very thin, especially over such a large area, but how good are the company? They should know what they're talking about so perhaps 40mm will do? I don't think UFH would be a good idea in such a thin screed either, so you would have to consider that as well. Personally I'd use the 65mm screed.
No, you don't have to stick with the drawings that were approved.

Anyway the insulation needs to be thick enough to meet the regs and that depends on the type of insulation proposed and the perimeter of the extension. With regards to the screed 65mm is about the minimum for a conventional screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back