floor screeding (i think)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a real single story extension built onto my terraced home. The extension is water tight, the rads have been put in (and removed for the plasterer), the eletrics have been installed except for the final installation of the socket and the lights fittings. The plasterer is currently plastering.

I currently have a floor but only what the footings men put in. After the plasterer is finished the builder needs to put the final floor in (i think this is floor screeding). i am planning on putting a wood floor down (engineered) and the plasterer said i should wait an inch a month for this floor screeding to dry before putting the wood floor down. The builder says 6 to 8 weeks will be enough and i quote "you will know when its dry"

The floor screed (if that is what its called) will be between 2.5 to 3 inches thick (depending on where you measure it). Who is right?????

Sponsored Links
Get this moved to the flooring forum as there are some wood floor layers in there who will advice

delboybully if you post the wrong forum you'll do better to ask mods to move it rather than keep duplicating posts. In this case either forum would probably do but I've replied to your other post now in floors.

Sponsored Links
Have you allowed for insulation under the screed?
Read the previous posts, this is a dead thread; you need to look at the relevant duplicate thread where you will see it has moved on considerable ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back