Country
United Kingdom
In a situation where a floor is made up as follows:

- 75mm screed with UFH
- 100mm PIR
- 100mm Concrete
- 50mm sand
- 100mm Hardcore

During construction you'd pour the slab at the start of the build, and then fit PIR and screed layers after the roof is on. I often see people questioning how they stop their concrete base turning into a swimming pool due to the position of the DPM lapping up the sides of the walls.

I'm happy to bilge/bail/syphon or whatever, but my question is: Is it advisable to let the slab dry out before covering with PIR, or is that irrelevant?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We foolishly scheduled an extension for mid-summer last year, thinking it would be better weather and all. Knocked a small bow window out and built a larger walk in bay in its place and used ply sheets as a temporary screen. It flooded and started to seep into the lounge. Had to bail and then set up flash band etc to try and keep the rain out.

Kin UK summers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back