Floor sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used these sockets in polished brass or chrome. I used some other ones (not sure on the make) but when decorating covered them with masking tape which removed the satin/brushed brass finish which looks appauling now.

http://www.hamilton-litestat.com/floor_sockets.htm

These are not actually for a kitchen they are for mounting in the side of the kitchen cupboards in a island unit. Is there a back box available as I think a drylining box is not the right way to fit them if the back of the box is accessible from inside the cupboard.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
David E said:
when decorating covered them with masking tape which removed the satin/brushed brass finish which looks appauling now.

Well I hope they were cheap. I've worked in places that use MK ones, they're very expensive, and I think the covers are solid stainless steel.

Sponsored Links
For that price they should have been quite good. Was it brass plating that came off, or just the lacquer? If lacquer, they could be stripped, polished and relacquered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back