Floor tiles in bathroom should i be concerned with weight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently planning renovations on the main bathroom in our 19th century house my main concern is the bathroom floor and if i should be worried about the weight of tiles on the floorboard floor.

I know it needs to be boarded prior to the tiles going down and thats not a problem.

All beams in the house look like they have been replaced at some point and all the ones that are visible are sound the bathroom however is over a room that does not have exposed beams so i cannot check without ripping floor in the bathroom up or ceiling down below.

What do you recommend i have seen tile floors in many upstairs bathrooms so i presume its not much of a problem the entire sq footage is 5.4m

Sponsored Links
no problem at all fella, for such a small amount of area you coud retile over 4 times before you get worried!!! :cool:

Sponsored Links
no problem at all fella, for such a small amount of area you coud retile over 4 times before you get worried!!! :cool:

Brilliant that the news i wanted :) thanks for your advice!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back