Floor tiles on wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I think I know what answer I'm gonna get, but hope I'm wrong.
I've just had a guy do a job on the cheap, laying 12" ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen, He didn't lay plywood as per info I've read on previous threads on the forum.
He used Flexible cement, that he mixed himself and flexible grout that he mixed.
Now of course there are several tiles moving underfoot and the grout is breaking out in lots of places.
I know the real solution would be to rip em all up and start again, but could I somehow re-grout the lot using a super flexible grout that would pour through the joints and fill in the areas under the loose tiles and secure them enough to prevent the same thing happening again.
Regards
TC

Sponsored Links
Number 'em all, lift 'em all up, clean 'em all off, lay down correct thickness of wbp ply, re-lay the numbered tiles, grout 'em all in, and forget all about 'em..... A job done on the cheap, will just make you weep. :cry:

Roughcaster.

I know you're right 'roughcaster' a mate of mine always says "buy cheap, buy twice"
when will I ever learn.
Never mind back to the drawing board.
Regards
TC

Sponsored Links
You'll get it sorted out Jonestom. Just a pity that's all. We've all bought cheap at one time or another and thought we had a bargain. Good luck to ya anyway mate. ;)

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back