Floorboard Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I wonder if anyone has any ideas that could help me with this problem. I have a flooboard that stops just short of a joist. I have read that the solution to this is to lift the floorbord and place a batten against the joist and then screw the floorboard into this batten. Unfortunately, I can't do this because the floorboard in question extends into the room next door under the partion wall! Regards Sal

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'd just use a floorboard saw, cut the offending floorboard mid way along the final joist its sitting on currently. Replace with a full lenth of board which sits on both joists and screw down.

or lift the board and move it and put the batten at the other end? :rolleyes:

Hi

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. I can't lift the floorboard because it extends under a partion wall into anther room and only 60cms in length is visible in the room I am working in.

Regards

Sal

Sponsored Links
sally2007 said:
Hi

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. I can't lift the floorboard because it extends under a partion wall into anther room and only 60cms in length is visible in the room I am working in.

Regards

Sal
How about pulling the boards up either side and putting a batten in through them? Or are they trapped too? Just curious, but just how did this floorboard become too short?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back