Floored by poor service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These things do make me so angry sometimes. It not only gives the wood flooring a bad name, it riles me as business owner too when a big retailer thinks customer care is the department of their supplier and refuse to help out a client until The Times Troubleshooter got involved,

All it takes is a standard maintenance leaflet you hand out to any client, blaming your supplier for not adding the info is totally ridiculous!

Rant over.

Sponsored Links
Allied Carpets response is the classic palm off though isn't it WYL. They just hope the customer will not bother them again.

My Father-in-Law had a hardwood conservatory supplied and fitted by a company in Poole. The finished item was not to a good standard and he spent months getting it all sorted with very poor after sales service.

A couple of years later he had all his windows replaced, about 7 grands worth. He agreed the contract with another company that happened to be located on the same trading estate as the conservatory suppliers.

He took great pleasure from the letter he wrote them informing them that if they had provided better service the first time around he would have given them his business and had even managed to persuade other friends and relatives to stay away from them.

He got a stock response back from them promising to under cut the quote he had already received from their competitors. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I doubt they even read his letter in full!

its called trainning! Not only the fitter/installer but the supplier also. As you may well know woody, this is part of what the BWFA are trying to do. Educate the trade!

O and BWFA trainning center is not to far away now.

This also goes for the NVQ . If you want to get passed by me, i will be looking to see that you can provide the customer with valid maintenance instructions etc.

Sponsored Links
It is called training, indeed. A second description - as toptec makes clear in his story, well done to your Dad - is MARKETING.

It's sooooo simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back