flooring adhesive for wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got lots of floor tile adhesive left and I am going to do some wall tiling. Is there any good reason why I can't use floor adhesive on wall tiling? I would have thought if anything it would be stronger and more flexible.

cheers

Sponsored Links
If it is bagged cement based adhesive you can use it on walls but you must prime the walls with primer not PVA. Bear in mind that the floor adhesive will go off within the hour so only mix up half a bucket at a time.
Also read the instructions on the back of the bag. What make is it?

hi

It's Focus all purpose waterproof, and it will be going on an emulsion painted wall.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Personally I would not risk it. I would go to a tile store such as Topps Tiles and buy a recommended adhesive for the purpose that you require. Also do a tape test on the emulsion. If when you pull the tape away and the emulsion comes off to then how will a tiling adhesive stick? Remove the emulsion. Good luck with your project.[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back