Flooring advice requested

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, two issues here. I am going to lay Polyflor Camaro Loc vinyl in my kitchen as it seems to have the properties best suited to our kitchen. I am also going to lay engineered wood flooring through the loby and into our living room.
Now, my house is fairly old, and the floorboards are a bit uneven but no disaster. Do I need to lay a sub floor such as plywood, and then put underlay on to of the sub floor? Or will it be sufficient to use those fibre board tiles directly onto existing floor? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can't use the fibre board underlay under the camaro loc. you need their underlay for that. It's around 1.5mm thick.
I'd plywood the kitchen but would go over the floorboards in the lobby an living room

So I'll use 12mm ply in kitchen, would I not need to sub floor the loby & living room? Will I require underlay for the engineered wooden floor? Apologies, but not quite sure what you mean by go over the floorboards in the lobby an living room.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I mean underlay in lobby and hall but no need to plywood.
Use 6mm ply in kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back