Looking for reviews on CAMARO and KARNDEAN flooring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Camaro is cheaper so wondering what experiences people have had of these two flooring covers before we lay the flooring in the kitchen. It is going over underfloor heating. Any reviews / advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Both are luxury vinyl tile (LVT) Camaro is made by Polyflor

Have you looked at other manufacturers?

look for names like "vusta" "distinctive" amongst others...

with this type of product you need to look at the thickness of the tile and the wear layer. most of the overall cost is in the floor preparation, adhesives and labour. It is VITAL that this is done correctly otherwise you will end up another poster who returns to complain of lifting tiles.

I personally stopped selling polyflor products. This was due to the appalling way they handled a customer complaint. I should point out that the customer had managed to scratch the floor, (we gave her a complimentary cleaning kit (not polyflor) and told her to try the polish). she insisted we call in the manufacturer which we did. Instead of telling her it was her fault they told her to use their kit only.(strangely at the time they didn't do one) Customer then thought we were a bunch of bas**rds even though she knew it was her fault :eek:

EDIT - oops noticed you didn't mention 2 brands of Polyflor so I have adjusted my post - it is early :oops:

Done loads of camaro this last 2 years. Great gear for the price.
Lots of better ones out there but cost more.
Are you after plank or tile. Pick a textured finish.

Thanks, that's really helpful as we could do with saving a bit of money. After considering plank - we reckon we are going to go with tile. We got a Karndean de Vinci sample in black with a slightly textured finish that we like. We will get that quoted in Camaro to see the price difference. However, do you think Karndean is superior to Camaro as you mention there are better ones out there?. This floor is going to get A LOT of traffic. :!: :!:

Sponsored Links

Thanks, that's really helpful as we could do with saving a bit of money. After considering plank - we reckon we are going to go with tile. We got a Karndean de Vinci sample in black with a slightly textured finish that we like. We will get that quoted in Camaro to see the price difference. However, do you think Karndean is superior to Camaro as you mention there are better ones out there?. This floor is going to get A LOT of traffic. :!: :!:

well "my customers complaint" was on your very choice :eek:

But....

once fitted all moveable objects should have felt feet fitted and place a dirt trapping mat at the entrance to the room. This stuff is tough but not impossible to scratch.
The whole ground floor of my house has LVT and neither my wife nor my dogs have damaged it yet
I suspect I just had a physco customer?!?

Karndean da Vinci can cost at least double camaro as its alot more quality.

Karndean knight tiles and Polyflor camaro both have a 0.3mm wear layer

Karndean Da Vinci has 0.7mm wear layer.

A good one for cost and thicker wear layer then camaro is project floors or maybe vusta.

Hmmmmmmmmm

never post after a beer (or first thing in the morning either :oops: )

my reply above pertained to the Camaro NOT the karndean :oops:

DAZLIGHT

I am also in merseyside, where would you recomend i go to look at samples of flooring from the different makes?

Thanks

Go to Jedens supplies in west derby, on west derby rd, baker st.

Or if you want me to cone an measure an give you A price let me know.

How does Marmoleum compare? Any views?

Marmoleum is a completely different product with different charactaristics, its a traditional linoleum floor not an LVT, it's more difficult to fit and looks very different when fitted. You would probably choose on aesthetics at the end of the day between the two products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back