flooring before end panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20210301_182503.jpg
Just installed my island carcasses and screwed them together

can someone confirm if my understand is correct that i should now continue to install my finished flooring before i install end panels and back panel for the breakfast bar?

In terms of installing the panels, do i install the breakfast bar back panel first, or the end panels?

edit: do i have to secure the cabinets to the floor somehow or do they just simply sit there?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
View attachment 224887can someone confirm if my understand is correct that i should now continue to install my finished flooring before i install end panels and back panel for the breakfast bar?
It certainly makes installation of decor and end panels easier

In terms of installing the panels, do i install the breakfast bar back panel first, or the end panels?
Your call. I've always found it easier to install the back panels first.

You need to secure the back panels and end panels to the carcasses, and also angle plate to the floor. That stops anything moving, although the sheer weight of several carcases full of tins, crockery, pots and pans, etc helps. If in doubt fix to a floor (or a wall), I say

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone to install the end panels and breakfast bar back panel. Just dry fit for now.

When end panel is flush with door of cabinet, its not flush eith back panel edge?

1st pic is door and end panel flush
2nd pic is end panel and breakfast bar join

I'd this common?

What to do in this situation?

16146902563175936836081591207612.jpg
1614690274288986466426813617291.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've seen it a few times. If your worktop overhangs bit it is less noticeable. It is also possible to trim the backs of the cabinets to get it al flush (assuming that your cabinets have service voids which can be reduced in size)

Ah yes, it's having a 300mm overhang that end as its a breakfast bar.

If that's the case would you fit flush with the cabinet door and leave the back as is and let the overhang hide it a bit?

Don't really want to hack the service void as I'll probably make a mess

I'm afraid I'd hack the service void (but that's because I butcher wood for a living). Failing that I'd leave the quirk (step) to the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back