Flooring damage new radiators.

Thanks for the helpful replies with suggstions, as i am fitting the underlay i have packed out the holes with offcuts of the felt underlay, hopefully this should help. Below the floor it appears to be pex pipe and speedfit joints from the original copper up the point it joins to the copper tails. True im not a plumber but the thats the point of asking the questions of people with more knowledge than i have.

Sponsored Links
Hang on a mo...

So they've used pushfit from existing underfloor copper to join copper tails from rads?

I wouldn't have done that... If copper is there I would use copper throughout!

Sponsored Links
That's a bit shabby not to mention expensive on materials (placcie tube is cheap enough- well the curly wurly stuff is) but the fittings are dearer. Much quicker & less skill required to do it that way though...

Are the differing materials likley to be an issue? As the new kitchen radiator is a t from flow and return pipes on the landing to pex in the ceiling void to copper now boxed in down the wall back to pex under the kitchen floor (now laid) and finally back to copper on the tails.... they seem to be a plumbing and heating firm, they were sub contracted by our main builder.

Nah it'll be fine, slightly less heat capacity on placcie vs copper but plenty for 1 rad. They ought to have rebalanced the system to take account of the new rad...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back