Flooring lifting post-leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We had some engineered wood flooring laid a couple of months ago in the hall which was squeaking a little but settling down ok.

Then...........last week had a radiator leak overnight which I only noticed because said flooring was squelching when walked upon! Leak is now fixed however in one area in particular near a doorway the flooring is lifting up.

I don't want to get it all ripped up so what are my options? The flooring is glued together but not to the floor (which is concrete with insulation/underlay on top). I saw another post about screwing through to concrete to fix in place but this didn't seem to be recommended!!!!

Advice welcomed.......

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
When the weather is nice, open the frontdoor to help the excess moisture to escape.
9 times out of 10 this will settle the floor down again.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Will this still help even though it's now a week or so after the event? Is screwing an option for this one end at the doorway? (can be covered by threshold)

Also, would some oil slowly permeate through the gaps and help the squeaking?

Thanks again

If you want to "screw your floor" you'll use screws. Never ever use this to settle lifting of the floor

Moist needs its own time to evaporate, so start ventilating

Sponsored Links
Ok...... getting the hint that screws aren't the way to go! :LOL:

What about the slight squeaking/creaking? Is this just a case of giving it more time to settle to variations in temperature?

Thanks

Hi, thought I'd report back - it's now approx. 3 months since the leak and flooring is much better, might even replace the threshold shortly!
Thanks for advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back