Anyone got Kahrs (Engineered) wood flooring that squeaks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just had some Kahrs wooden flooring put down on the GF hallway (last few days).

Before the fitter arrived, I pulled up the chipboard floor and secured the wooden joists. Then I glued (pva) the joints on the new chipboard (18mm) and glued the boards to the joists. Screwed the whole lot down with 2.5in No. 10s.

Nothing moved no matter how hard I danced.

The fitter used screed to level the floor, and let it set overnight. Sanded it down the next day then added the underlay (foil backed - but I don’t know what kind - it is fairly heavy though if that means anything) and laid the floor.

There are gaps between all the wall edges, so the floor has not expanded too far, but the damn floor squeaks when trodden on (only in one place).

Is this normal for Kahrs flooring?

He said there would be some movement when stepped on but this would settle over time (?).

Not much I can do now it's all down, just wondered if the squeaking will go
, and if so, over what time frame.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Most floors, when very recently installed, are 'settling' down.
(And sometimes some part will creak every morning when the central heating has been off all night, wood is a product of nature and works)

So, give it few more day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back