Kahrs engineered wood floor damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had Kahrs engineered wood floor fitted in my living room. Couple of days later I noticed a chip on the floor surface. Kahrs have basically given me 2 options to resolve this.
1.They will pay an allowance fee roughly 25% of the gross amount and also fill up the chip.
2.They will re-lay the board with spare planks already available.

I am in a dilemma on which option to go with. The chip is noticeable but if covered with a rug or a sofa it most possibly cannot be aggravated.
I am just concerned that relaying the particular plank will result in removing the entire floor as well as the beads since the chip sits right in the middle of the room. This may cause the floor alignment to go awry or am I just being fussy about nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How big is the chip? I'd take the 25% personally, as the floor wears and ages it is likely that you will get other marks in it anyway.

Many thanks for your prompt reply. The chip is about the size of a £2 coin but not exactly circular in shape but kind of elongated.
I was led to believe that engineered wood floor is more resilient than solid wood when it came to marks, dents and scratches.

Just one question though, how effective would be the filler used to cover the chip. Will it need touching up regularly?

Sponsored Links
It is quite big then, really only you know whether or not you will be able to put up with it.

If you have to touch up the filler or not depends on what they use and how well they do it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back