Flow and return valve on rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Am putting a new rad in where there use to be one (the previous house owners had removed it and caped it off). Just not sure what the best way to determine which is the flow and which is the return pipe. Is it just a matter of the flow pipe will warm up quicker, or is there any other way to tell?

Ta,
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
If you're not fitting TRV's then it really makes no difference.Even TRV's can go on either end,although you must allow for good air flow if fitting TRV's to allow them to sense properly.

Thanks very much .

I am just fitting normal radiator valves. The radiator we want to get is one of those tall ones and it says that the air vent must be diagonally opposite the flow. I thought that it didnt matter but according to the instructions it does.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much .

I am just fitting normal radiator valves. The radiator we want to get is one of those tall ones and it says that the air vent must be diagonally opposite the flow. I thought that it didnt matter but according to the instructions it does.

Ta
Never heard of that :confused: . is the air vent the same as a plug opposite - or built into the rad . Usually the first option :idea: Install rad, check flow by feeling pipes - swap vent/ plug around :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back