flue distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have a query regarding the distance of my boiler flue from the wall of an extension my neighbour is proposing to build.At present i have a potterton profile 40el-80el installed to the rear of my single storey extension. The flue is facing outwards towards the rear of our extension, it is approximately 35cm from the egde of our wall. My neighbour is proposing to build a sigle storey extension that is approx 1 meter longer than ours. This will mean my flue is now boxed in at one side. The installation instructions booklet requires a distance of 30cm from an internal or external corner. Would these regulations still apply today as i am unsure when the boiler was fitted? If not would i have to relocate my flue? Do i need to bring any of this to the attention of the planning department?

Sponsored Links
The standards that applied when your manufacturer wrote their instructions remain correct.No action necessary.

if the installation instructions require 30cm from a corner then a foot is required. thats all there is to it.

now someones gonna tell me different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back