Flue Extending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice on this, and thanks in advance!
I am having a conservatory built and really don't want to move the central heating combi boiler but the flue must be 300m away (currently would be 250mm away from side of planned conservatory) I believe? Instead of moving all pipes and the boiler itself (and I have no other outside wall to place it on anyway) I was wondering if an extension flue kit could be used?
The combi is a Ferroli F30 and I have seen on parts website that I could get a bend, extension of 1m and cowl to 'turn' the flue to horizontal...is that right? I would of course get a properly qualified corgi/gas safe person to fit, but I really need to know if this is possible, or we have to seriously rethink and re-size the already ordered conservatory!!!
Sorry if I havnt given all the right technical info, and again thanks for any advice you can give.

Sponsored Links
most room sealed boilers need to be 300mm away from an opening (window/vent etc) and 150mm away from a fabric opening in a building (window frame etc) depending on the specific boiler clearance from flue to brickwork can be as close as 25mm, so you need to check the exact MI for your boiler

thanks for your reply. Sorry to ask probably silly questions, but does that mean that as the current flue vent is a standard horizontal one approx 2 metres from the floor level, and the new conservatory side wall will be situated 250mm from the vent (non opening windows on that side of the conservatory) this should be okay as is, and an extension flue kit won't be needed?
I have looked at the installation manual and it only details extension vertical flues to go through roof, not just to extend the flue vent away from any window/door openings etc, so I'm not even sure if I should be planning to put an extension kit on, or where I could get one from!!
thanks again for your advice.
picture below is (very) rough drawing of situation.
tasha

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply. Sorry to ask probably silly questions, but does that mean that as the current flue vent is a standard horizontal one approx 2 metres from the floor level, and the new conservatory side wall will be situated 250mm from the vent (non opening windows on that side of the conservatory) this should be okay as is, and an extension flue kit won't be needed?
I have looked at the installation manual and it only details extension vertical flues to go through roof, not just to extend the flue vent away from any window/door openings etc, so I'm not even sure if I should be planning to put an extension kit on, or where I could get one from!!
thanks again for your advice.
picture below is (very) rough drawing of situation.
tasha

you need to check the specific MI for your boiler the dimensions i gave are horizontally to the side of the flue not directly in front of it, in the MI you will find a diagram of a house with loads of flue termination points in relation to different aspects of a building, check it out and see how it relates to your proposed alteration

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back