Flue Flow Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone describe step by step a Flue Flow Test on an open flue appliance please

I have looked around on the internet but haven't really found anything helpful :(

Sponsored Links
Your CORGI manual will describe it.

An open flue test is outside the scope of an amateur to make the necessary judgement call, especially if it was using info from the internet. Failure of an open flue appliance is not always obvious but can be lethal.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I'm not going to attempt it :)

I'm at level 3 on my plumbing course and it is one of the questions, the material I've been given by the college doesn't contain it so need to find elsewhere.

If you can't provide such information on the forum could someone please email it to me, thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Hmm looks good might look into it, got a stack of plumbing & gas books here in my cupboard I forgot about :)

7 textbooks on plumbing, heating & gas installations, and not 1 tells me how to do a flue flow test....

John if you have a book on gas installations that does not discuss flue flow and spillage i would chuck it in the bin, Viper is excellant but i believe they have stopped printing them due to high costs so not sure if you will still get one, training centres etc are getting a licence to get them printed independantly so you could try one of them, i'm sure they would sell you one.(current cost is £37)

I can download their e-book online thing for £49 but seems a little pricey, tried all Torrents and no luck.

Got an e-mail from viper i'm sure they are now printing it in A4 size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back