Flue Gas Analyser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to embark on getting some gas fitting experience and hopefully take the required quals next year, would like some reliable kit of my own. Was thinking of purchasing a flue gas analyser to use as part of assignments and assessments. Any suggestion of a suitable brand/model/type, ideally with printout facilities.

Sponsored Links
Whoever is training you should loan one, as all gas work will be done with him watching you and he will have one,

That aside wait as by the time you qualify there will be new tech in side them
Also you might work for someone who will provide it FOC

I am just about to embark on getting some gas fitting experience and hopefully take the required quals next year, would like some reliable kit of my own. Was thinking of purchasing a flue gas analyser to use as part of assignments and assessments. Any suggestion of a suitable brand/model/type, ideally with printout facilities.

I've got a Kane 425(latest 455?) & they're great! They can do tightness testing, pressure testing etc also. Not the cheapest but worth every penny.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies, it does make sense waiting until I am in position to test unsupervised and use kits belonging to supervisor, but I like to have my own tackle and get a feel for it, so can use with confidence.
The kane 455 looks a good bit of kit, seems to be a few versions of it, multi-fuel and oil, I assume the only difference would be the bacharach pump?

If you do not hold the qualifications you are NOT in a position to test unsupervised at all

"Must you open your mouth and reveal the vacuum of your mind?"

Isn't that from the Thomas Crown Affair?

If you do not hold the qualifications you are NOT in a position to test unsupervised at all
Thank you for the replies, it does make sense waiting until I am in position to test unsupervised and use kits belonging to supervisor
I think that would suggest that that was my intention, if it is not clear then I would like to clarify that.
I can however own gas testing equipment without being supervised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back