which flue gas analyser

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now that i'm going for my corgi i thought i'd treat my self to said item.

There are a few makes ...any recomendations ?

also should i get the kit ones with temp, temp diff, flue analyser , all singing and dancing etc, etc

or is some of the stuff not really used.

ie i think i'd still stick to my standard u gauge and not use the digital one

Sponsored Links
I use a standard water gauge for T.T and conventional burner pressures.

The analog scale allows you to see sticking/slow regulators on the meter or gas valves and also gauge the extent of leaks/let-by much better than a digital readout.

I also use a TPI gas sniffer rather than a plug in FGA optional extra.

However you will need a good differential manometer to test flue draught when it comes to air pressure switch faults. In addition some boilers eg Buderus are setup using pressure....these require a pressure gauge with higher resolution than many FGAs.

I use a Kane 425 and use their fixed price/extended warranty servicing deal. Others have reported problems but so far it's been fine. I suspect a lot of FGA problems are down to abuse/handling.

I think a few other manufacturers are also now doing fixed price servicing deals.

I run it on alkaline batteries since they are reliable (ie re-chargables don't hold their charge for long), and I don't bother with the printer...unless you do contract work and a readout is required.

Don't waste your time with fleabay...people are paying stupid prices for secondhand kit even though it could reuire new sensors and calibration.

kev, thats very good of you.

i like freee things. if it works i'd love to give it a go.

if you mean it let me know how much etc..my emails on the profile

thx

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back