Which Gas Analyser

Hp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am soon going to be purchasing a Gas Analyser. I am undesided which one I should go for. The models I am considering are:-
Kane 400 Kit
TPI 712 Kit
Telegan Sprint 2000XT Kit1
Unigas 2000 Kit

I would be most grateful for your comments/experiences regarding the above models.

Thank you for your assistance

Harry

Sponsored Links
Consider the running costs too. Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide sensors aren't cheap, and you're supposed to have it recalibrated every year. Check how much each will cost you over say 10 years. You might think twice about buying one.

I am using a u guage most of the time and let the Kane 400 gather dust until absolutely necessary. Tightness tests are much easier with an analogue device. Most boilers can be set up with analogue.

Only time a sensetive meter is used in setting co to co2 ratio but most manufacturers state these are set in factory and they don't want you fiddling with them, only if you had to fit a new gas valve to a boiler of this type would you ever need the feature.

flue analysis is for show offs or worse still a way of not bothering to do a service and flanneling the customer.

I heard of one guy who chokes the intake duct and does a print of the flue analysis, then after the service does another print but without choaking the intake. "there madam isn't it a good job you had it serviced, shall we say the same time next year?"

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Paul I can understand your point. however I am not interested in getting an analyers to show off. I have recently attended a few manufacturers training courses and they have said the analser is an essential tool for servicing or installing a condensing boiler. If you can not check the burner pressure of a boiler surely you must have to carry out a flue gas analysis to ensure safe operation.

Thank you everyone for your comments (keep them coming)

Harry

Just a quickie...

.02, or british gas .004?

Personally I accept neither

8) I have had the telegan which I have not had any problems with for about 3 years. It gets recalibrated every year. The manufacturers may well say that the boilers are factory set but in my experience there`s often a big discrepancy betwen what I get initially and what it should be.
This afternoon I had to commision a worceter 28i junior which should have a co2 reading at high rate of 9.8 the actual reading was 8.2 the low rate which should be 9.2 was 10.9. These are miles out and must be calibrated correctly or you might as well not bother with condesing technology.

I have been called to many condensing boiler giving off hooting or vibrating noises and each time i will use my telegan to check and set up the C0/C02 ratio.
I also find that the temp reading clamps and electronic manometer a good tool for checking boiler temps.

I went from a testo 325 to a telegan sprint because the testo didn't do differential pressure at the time (they do now). I didn't like the sprint at all and sold it to get a testo 330. It's by far the best analyser in my eyes but very expensive. The analyser itself is expensive and all the fitments for measuring diff pressure and temp are a pretty penny also. I just like the way it functions.

Hi,

How do the calibration costs differ for the various analysers?

PS Thanks everyone for your input.

Harry

Anything up to .002 unless I have given the appliance a full service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back