Flue heat recovery unit on a sealed system boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand your fixation with pluming.

To me its just a visible admission that the boiler is not fully condensing all the water vapour.

I think you're right Tony he's fixated by plume.

Fitted HRUs on Baxi combis, got the photos to prove it. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount it heats the cold water. Oh & there was a massive amount of f.cking plume John!!! Especially on a freezing cold Scottish winter morning!!

As for feeding the 15mm heated supply pipe to a vented hot water cylinder, are you having a laff??!! C'mon get real!!

Sponsored Links
As Dan has rightly stated; it wouldn't be a good idea to fit a HRU to a SE boiler flue, I think the condensate would f.ck up the primary heat exchanger very quickly.

Listen to Radio 4 & you could have the same knowledge & insight as Dan!!!

I don't understand your fixation with pluming.
Not fixated. ;) The flue emerges on a common landing. A plume cannot be there. But these flue boxes can raise the flowrate of the DHW. Installing one can be the answer, if no plume.
As for feeding the 15mm heated supply pipe to a vented hot water cylinder, are you having a laff??!! C'mon get real!!
What are you on about? Is it this?...

From what I understand this seems to be a good setup. All the benefits of a combi but without the downsides (issues when running 2 showers at the same time). It also has all the benefits of a system boiler but with the advantage that if we use all the cylinders water we still have hot water through the combi.

The unvented cylinder can be heated "directly" via the combi's hot water section using a brass pump. The combi does not cycle when heating the cylinder and the boiler works at full belt. This is common on the Continent. There are no 3-way valves and all that stuff, just a cylinder thermostat and brass pump pumping into the combi and a check valve. They can reduce the size of the cylinder as the cylinder and combi work together. When the cylinder thermostat cut in, the hot water from the combi goes right to the top of the cylinder and drawn off to where it is needed at the taps.

He may mean that.

Last edited:
Listen to Radio 4 & you could have the same knowledge & insight as Dan!!!
Radio 4? Drivel by babyboomers for babyboomers. Yawn, yawn. The news is BBC Tory party propaganda.

Many of these flue boxes have a condensate drain, so a boiler's innards cannot be ruined.

Sponsored Links
Note there's something I've not been called before :LOL:

Kinda funny coming from someone living in a council flat in as some sh|thole part of London. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I wish I lived in a Council flat in central London paying a very low rent. Only the elite live in them. A very rare sight indeed. There is much jealousy over those who live in them. They put the Chavs on the outers of London. Tory Party policy. Social engineering.

Unfortunately I had to buy my place.

The news is BBC Tory party propaganda.

That's odd!

Most complain that the BBC is seriously left wing!
This Nazi party march organised by outsiders was to march though Liverpool last month. Thousands converged on the station and they never let them out. The city centre was cordoned off on a Saturday shopping day. The city is also full of tourists at this time of year. The BBC never covered it. Amazing, a Nazi march stopped by mass protest in one of the UKs leading cities and the BBC never covered it. How odd. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=ZBB-c28ECZA

That's odd!

You are referring to a man with severe intellectual deficiencies Tony. :LOL: Remember he thought you were a racist once - then the first word that pops into his mind a few threads later was the N word. Kinda ironic don't yah think?

He's obviously so far left he pulls Galloway's plonker ;).

That's odd!

You are referring to a man with severe intellectual deficiencies Tony. :LOL: Remember he thought you were a racist once - then the first word that pops into his mind a few threads later was the N word. Kinda ironic don't yah think?

Mr Chav person, I haven't clue what you are on about. Mystified. Where you one of those Nazi Chavs who never got out of the station? Great the way they were driven back wasn't it? Radio 4 never reported it.

That's odd!

Mr Chav person, I haven't clue what you are on about. Mystified. Where you one of those Nazi Chavs who never got out of the station? Great the way they were driven back wasn't it? Radio 4 never reported it.

I'm a Right Wing extremist & BNP member. Does that make me a bad person??
The best thing that happened to this country's over the last 100 years is seeing the Labour Party falling apart!! Long live capitalism & f.ck the Unions!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back