Flue lining quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been looking at getting my chimney lined and having a wood burning stove installed. I've always wanted one, and have done lots of research about price.

I've read lots of people on forums quoting a vast range of prices, but had my mind set on around £2k for the stove and installation.

I've recently started getting quotes in for the job and thought I might put them up here for comment, just to make sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot. Before anyone suggests it, I would really rather not do it myself...:)

I've had a couple of companies come in at around £1450, one at £1650, and one at £150 per meter. There's another one to come too. I'm pretty sure they all exclude VAT.

I do live in London, so there's probably a premium there. And would the time of the year attract a higher quote?

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Looks like a fair price providing they do the job right.
I'd recommend you ask for some reference and proof of previous work.
I paid for one being installed about 7 years ago, I already had the stove.
They opened up the fireplace back to original stone lintel, cleaned it all up.
Installed stainless steel liner, new cowl, slate tiled hearth, rendered inside fire place. installed stove, pipe and fireboard and plastered chimney breast.
Charged me 1k.
and no mess. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back