Flue Pandemic

Sponsored Links
Mrs W is scared about it. It tried to fill the car with petrol earlier and she wouldnt even enter the garage. I had to inform her that we were in Texaco and not Mexico.

The Mexicans have had a recount and now they reckon there are only 15 deaths (confirmed) from Swine flu :rolleyes:

Breaking news.............man sneezes in Wolverhampton............the man was suspected of thinking about going on holiday to Mexico........more on this breaking story as we get it..........

Sponsored Links
I would like a comparison to how much "normal"" flu is currently doing the rounds internationally, how many people have the "normal" flu in the various countries, and how many people have died of the "normal" flu in the UK this year/last winter.

OK, one Scottish couple have the pig flu, but if a few '000 have died of normal flu last year, then it's not such a big deal.

Does anyone have any accurate links?

One thing that really gets my goat [flu] is all the hysteria from the could do, possible, maybe, might-do, type of people.

Also, should I lay off the fajitas?

There are 8000 deaths a year (20 per day on average) in the UK which are directly attributed to seasonal flue. There are 500,000 deaths a year around the World (around 1500 deaths per day) attributed to seasonal flue.
The WHO are considering proclaiming a Pandemic when there are only 20 deaths in 4 weeks in Mexico. With 1500 deaths a day due to seasonal flue should not the WHO already be proclaiming a permanent pandemic of of unprecedented proportions already. Mexico now closes down due to a few isolated incidents which will probably be declared were not due to Swine flue anyway as their original estimate was 170 which has gradually reduced over the last week to only 20.
Now we learn that the swine flue is only Mild anyway, and No deaths what so ever outside of Mexico.
The whole thing is just ridiculous.
The Scottish couple complained that they thought they were going to die. Well this must be the first time they have had genuine flue, as when I had flue which was only once in my long lifetime, I wanted to die as I felt so horrific.
As we in the UK are quite happy about 20 deaths (on average) a day due to normal seasonal flue, what the hell is all the panic about. By applying the criteria presently being adopted of closing schools and businesses if a case is even suspected, the whole of the UK and indeed the World should be permanently shut down due to seasonal flue, and remain permanently shut down.
Clearly there is a hidden agenda being thrown about so as to deflect the news surrounding the Buffoon Brown.

its funny how the credit crunch/budget and the murder of a guy at the g20 summit or other is conveniently forgot about on the news

Back