Flue Pandemic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have today listened to two Government ministers talk on the subject of Swine Flue.

No 1. At the moment the World Health Organisation (WHO) has us at a state of 3 and until we are upgraded to 6 we do not intend to close our borders or restrict travel in any way. To do so would not stop the Pandemic reaching us but would merely serve to delay it.

No 2. We have no intention of issuing face masks to the general public as there is no scientific evidence that the stop the spread of flue. Some waffle then went on and she then stated. We are looking at how we can acquire many thousands more face masks for those medical practitioners involved in treating those infected.

Two things spring to mind here:

1. How do these masks identify medical practitioners and protect them when they won't protect the general public?

2. If closing our borders now will delay the arrival of Swine Flue, would that not give the Government more time to acquire these discriminating masks? Just a fort :confused:

Sponsored Links
If we closed our borders how the hell would all the illegal (and legal) immigrants get in.

If we closed our borders how the hell would all the illegal (and legal) immigrants get in.

Probably just climb over Hadrian's wall or drive over the toll bridge (no charge entering England) as they have always done. :LOL:

I tried that Flu Diet... Rubbish! Put all the weight I lost, back on! :D

Sponsored Links
The Hong Kong flu in the 60's killed almost a million worldwide.

its been confirmed the 2 in hospital have the bug, the hospital is only a couple of miles from me :rolleyes: 7 others having had contact with the first 2 are showing signs but have been advised not required to be in hospital, we will need to wait and see whatg happens

Just remember when we start dropping like flies and are all asked to go to a city of sancuary dont go has once they have rounded us all up they will drop the bomb on us.

the tammy flue vacine has already gone, your on yea own.

Get stocked up and run to the hills we are all doomed.

i already wearing my mask to work this so called bug is man made
another way to curb the populations of the countries.

Is this another SARS, bird flu type of scare. :confused: The media love it don't they. I read that last time there was a pandemic outbreak 250,000 people died in the UK, thats a sobering thought.

Sponsored Links
Back