Flue Pandemic

Who cares... its flu, you get it, get better, and laugh about it.
Perhaps you are thinking of the common cold ("man-flu")

real influenza is much more serious. depending on the strain, and your health, you might get better, or you might die. This pig flu appears to be one of the more serious strains, so depending on your general health, breathing difficulties, and care you receive, the odds of dying appear to be higher than usual. They might not be so much higher that civilisation collapses, but may be high enough to finish off some of the old or the sick.

Sponsored Links
All through history there have been plagues etc, Is it natures way to keep the human population down?

In the past 10 years over a MILLION have died from smoking in the UK. Makes a little flu bug seem inconsequential eh?

Not true. When you are admitted to hospital, you or a relative have to fill in a questionnaire, if you they tick smoker your illness death is attributed to smoking irrespective of the actual cause. It's the same if you are overweight. Obesity killed you.

The only exception is if you are dead on arrival. So, if you are injured in an RTA and alive when admitted, but die later, you died as a result of smoking related illness. It is stupidly assumed that if you did not smoke, you would have survived. They call it creative accounting among other names.

Do you have evidence to support that assertion?

Sponsored Links
i was trying to get through to nhs 24 to try and get more info on the swine flue pandemic.

but all im getting is crackling?

I would like a comparison to how much "normal"" flu is currently doing the rounds internationally, how many people have the "normal" flu in the various countries, and how many people have died of the "normal" flu in the UK this year/last winter.

OK, one Scottish couple have the pig flu, but if a few '000 have died of normal flu last year, then it's not such a big deal.

Does anyone have any accurate links?

One thing that really gets my goat [flu] is all the hysteria from the could do, possible, maybe, might-do, type of people.

Also, should I lay off the fajitas?

I certainly it spreading fast, why it has even reached this forum, where it has infected Soggy_weetabix.

At first he found he had a little rasher on his arm, so he went to the doctors for some oinkment :D :D

Soggy weetabix

Sponsored Links
Back