FLUE SHUDDERING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, New here.

I've a oil boiler with a balanced low level flue, ive opened the boiler to find the snorkle isnt attached at the burner, when i attach it whilst the boiler is running the snorkle jumps about and theres a juddering noise.

Am i right in thinking the boiler is re using its already combusted product when the snorkle is fitted? possibly a flue rubber dislodged or torn, before i pull it apart id like to ask peoples thoughts on this!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
@Exedon could be your one for this, although you might be advised not to use it until it’s been seen to by on oftec registered engineer

As CBW has already advised competent oil service engineer required.
Needs at least burner setting up with snorkel attached.
Unfortunately you can't make any meaningful adjustments to a oil burner without combustion analysis equipment.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
This is the info that's been passed to me from the oftec engineer, its been set up without the snorkel attached as its not allowing set up with snorkel, he's done it as a favor, lives down the street and put his analyser onto it( not his company and called in on his way home). we've bought the house and no snorkle was present so we purchased 1. full flue strip out will be next option he tells me.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back