flueless gas fires

Hi PE
Our fire is a Burley G4240 - 49 Model Environ. Heat input (nett) High 2.5kw. Low 1.5kw at somewhere between 90 to 100% efficiency
With the required vent, and because we don't have a flue we really do not have any draughts to speak of. With the lounge door open and upstairs doors and windows open you can feel a draught. However obviously during cold spells when the fire is on we do not allow those conditions to prevail.
I do not know if Burley still make this model. All I can say is we are delighted with its 4 years trouble free performance, and I have the comfort of knowing that I installed it, as a Corgi registered installer. Now retired. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for that snugib

Where abouts on the wall did you install your vent - up high or down low? Any links to any suitable type of vents - I haven't a clue about these and need to show the wife how things will look ideally before going down this road!

Sponsored Links
Thank you PE, that is really nice feedback. I love it when I walk into a pub or a house and see one of our products.

Hi PE
Fitted the vent on opposite wall to fire, low down just above skirting. behind armchair. The vent is a Marley cant, remember where from, probably B&Q. check Marley web site. I would post a pic. but my son who is the computer expert is at work

• Thanks
Reactions: PE
Perhaps this is not best but I am always inclined to fit vents closer to the heat source to lessen the chance of annoying draughts.

There is often a minimum distance that the vent has to be away from a fire and this is shown in the instructions and is to prevent draughts from disturbing the operation of the fire and its safety devices. Thats something a DIYer would be unlikely to know about. Having said that a DIYer often reads the instructions more carefully than some professionals.

Tony

Sponsored Links
fluelessfacts wrote

Thank you PE, that is really nice feedback. I love it when I walk into a pub or a house and see one of our products.

Ahem! if you read this thread thoroughly you will see that it was me snugib (sounds better backwards) who earlier on stuck my head above the pararpit and fought you corner alone, against a tide of heresy,and gave you the feedback with pictures of my installation, and commenting on lack of condensation and draughts,
And I am an old wrinkly, retired RGI

:) snugib you are right you did stand your ground , & good for you , I must admit I caved in & went along with the majority , this post has been an education . I would also thank flueless from Burley for his imformative postings !

Thanks transam, Im not looking for recognition, but only to put the record straight. Fluelessfacts thanked PE for feedback. I gave the feedback. PE has only sought advice

Oh the joys of seeing the old Main Ripon screwed to the wall in the hallway, the mysterious yellow glow behind the frosted glass, never getting a definate answer as to whether or not they needed a vent, and having your dreams shattered as you find out the burner is just a piece of half inch iron pipe with holes drilled in it and one end welded shut.
Memories. Where are my Turnpin and wiping cloths?

Thanks to all - I've certainly learned something!! Just need to find an RGI who is willing to fit one now....... ;)

It takes them minutes to fit a flueless rather than hours for a flued fire, and you never have any trouble with chimneys that don't draw.

Also when they are serviced each year you don't have to disconnect the gas, or unseal and pull the fire out the chimney to check if it is still sound and shovel the rubble and bird droppings out. Just check the coals, give it a brush and a polish and waft a combsustion analyser at it. Lovely.

• Thanks
Reactions: PE
I think it is plain to be seen that now my missionary work is complete here, and that I have gained converts of a multitude. My duty now calls me to other, even more worthy causes of which there are many.
Farewell to all and keep working hard to spread the good word of the flueless.
I'm outa here

Why not educate rather than defend? If you can honestly stand by your product offer free training days to RGIs.

Previously I would not have considered fitting a flueless fire. I'm not too set in my ways, so if you run training days I'd be interested

Hi PE
Fitted the vent on opposite wall to fire, low down just above skirting. behind armchair. The vent is a Marley cant, remember where from, probably B&Q. check Marley web site. I would post a pic. but my son who is the computer expert is at work

i hope you rembered the minmum hight for vent to outside 400mm i think

Think you will find the minimum vent height is a requirement when venting through another room and its to do with a house fires and having breathable air down low for crawling out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back