Fluidmaster flapper flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a Fluidmaster (adjust-a-flush?) flapper flush kit to the cistern, but seem to be having problems with the flush volume. I have ensured there is about half inch of slack in the chain,and that the adjust a flush flapper is set to max. I only seem to get a short flush, unless I keep my finger on the flush button. What I have noticed is that the small hinge unit which the flapper connects to seems to be fixed to the bottom of the of flapper overflow pipe. I have checked the packets in B&Q and they all seem to be like this. I was under the impression that when you flush the chain the flapper is lifted up the overflow pipe to float on the water in the cistern before seating in the cistern pipe. Is the way my flapper is working normal or have I got a duff batch? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the flapper don't lift up the overflow pipe the flapper just opens like a toilet pan lid would.
try the chain tighter.

ok thanks for clearing that up. Adjusting that chain to a short length is pretty difficult when the flush button is seated horizontal on the cistern lid!

when you connect it to the lid you lift the flapper up gives you more slack on the chain then fit lid flapper will drop.

Sponsored Links
got it right now! 1 chain link made all the difference. I was going 2 at a time before. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back