Flush or raised shower tray on concrete floor?

Roger465 as Keithmac has mentioned,sliding the tray in and out of the alcove on battens it makes it less back breaking,usually use 25x25mm batten. Its worth buying some straight batten :p

when it comes to final tray fitting,still use the battens.Apply adhesive to the floor, slide the tray into position (check position again) then pull out the battens and the tray drops down.Job done.

When the exact position of the new tray waste aperture is known then the 40mm pipe can be adapted,dont be tempted to use :mad:flexi/corrugated pipe (y)

Sponsored Links
Roger465 as Keithmac has mentioned,sliding the tray in and out of the alcove on battens it makes it less back breaking,usually use 25x25mm batten. Its worth buying some straight batten
C:\Users\Roger\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

Hah! Not a certain well-known DIY shed then :mad:

when it comes to final tray fitting,still use the battens.Apply adhesive to the floor, slide the tray into position (check position again) then pull out the battens and the tray drops down.Job done.

Aah, gotcha. Didn’t think of that – that’s the problem with inexperience, and why I come here… When you say adhesive, do I use tile adhesive?

When the exact position of the new tray waste aperture is known then the 40mm pipe can be adapted,dont be tempted to use
flexi/corrugated pipe

Right – point taken.

Wish I could find a plumbing evening course, but any in NI seem to be full-time (n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back