Flushed twice......water still dirty (CH problem)

I assume you mean the little knob on the boiler panel.

I turned that down to 1/3 when this happened YEARS ago and that cured it then. If I turn if any lower will it actually heat the water up?

Sponsored Links
OK.

I drained the system twice before lunch then over lunch I left it running for an hour. I then drained it once more before adding X800 via the towel radiator.

However. Since doing that I can't seem to keep it running for as long.

Is this to be expected.

I'm planning on leaving the X800 in for 2 weeks.

Will this be ok, or am I wasting my time?

do you mean the boiler cutout is operating, or what?

you might need to turn the pump speed up

have you looked inside the pump, and is it clogged or worn?

Have you bled all the rads, and the pump, with the pump not running?

Has the circulating water gone black with loosened sludge?

Are the flow pipe and the return pipe on the boiler both too hot to hold? What about the flow and return pipes on all the rads?

chemicals can be usually be run cold, but take longer. Have a look at the manufacturers website.

X800 is much faster than X400 and usually works in hours, not weeks.

I think I've sorted it. As I have turned the boiler stat down the red temp light came on. When I turned it up again it went off

Let's see what happens.

Sponsored Links
:( 4 weeks ago I added the X800 and 10 days later I drained it out and flushed the system a few times and all has been working perfectly :(

this weekend I have had to reset it twice

Any ideas :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

(Just a reminder I have a 8 year old potterton 40l boiler that kept on locking out)

you had the circulating pump running it round the rads for 10 days, you mean?

what came out when you drained it?

When I drained it the water was black, I then flushed it twice and the water was a light brown colour

you had the circulating pump running it round the rads for 10 days, you mean?

(that's a question)

Not constantly. When it was in , was when we had the heat wave.

I did crank it up a couple of times (4-5 times for about an hour or 2) during the period ( mainly to dry the some socks. )

I despair!

We tell you X400 needs 4-6 weeks and you say you will leave it in for two!

Then you say you left X800 in for four weeks and ten days! That should be left in for no more than one day at the most!

haven't they got a new product you can put in with the inhibitor, that loosens deposits and keeps them in suspension so they can be trapped by the filter (if you have one)?

sounds very promising.

I despair!

We tell you X400 needs 4-6 weeks and you say you will leave it in for two!

Then you say you left X800 in for four weeks and ten days! That should be left in for no more than one day at the most!

PLEASE don't despair. I was going to get X400, but JohnD recommended X800.

I left it in the system for 10 days (In another thread someone posted that he left it in for months)

Should I have just used X400?

and leave it in for a month?

Or should I give X800 another go and leave it in for a few cycles?

Kiteman, X800 can be circulated for several days but will go 'flat' and become ineffective after a week in the system. If it is in the system for a day and system badly polluted, it will not have done the job effectively- run longer. Even call Sentinel and ASK them as they know better than anyone on how to utilise their product:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back