Flushed twice......water still dirty (CH problem)

Your PCB is fine!

Why do you suddenly want to change it now?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pcb - needs to be done by an rgi.

Agile- if it was me, I'd do the board, but I have the luxury of a big ass parts budget. But I would also be expecting the op to pay for a system flush if I thought it necessary.

Op- give it a good go at a chemical flush, use the branded (sentinel, fernox) chemicals. Failing that I'd suggest looking at a fixed price repair.

Ok. I will drain down the system one mire time then add X400

Is there a drain on the boiler that needs doing as well?

Perhaps there is mire dirt in there that needs shifting as well.

My other concern us that as the boiler us now tripping out every 5 mins it won't be stable enough for the X400 to do it's magic.

Your PCB is fine!

Why do you suddenly want to change it now?

Tony

Tony

Other than the system being so badly sludged up its overheating i would guess the boiler is tripping due to the PCB ...... see the 1st message the guy posted and later ones ........... its a suprema

Sadly all we are doing on here is trying to second guess problems using the years experience we have in the industry and a crystal ball .. Im on my 31st year now

Still learning and sadly still enjoying the game!!

Sponsored Links
Can you describe how sludged up is slugged up?

I drained the water into a White bucket and the 1st bit of it was clear. After that it became black...... But not sludgy.

I don't want to waste time and money on chemicals if it is unnecessary. Plus the wife is doing my head in.

Some of the sludge has settled into thick mud and won't come out with a bit of plain water lying on it.

That's why you need the chemical, to loosen it so that it will wash out.

If you put a strong magnet in the water after adding the chemical, I guarantee you will be amazed and delighted at how much sludge it captures.

Ok. But if I have to leave the X400 in for 4-6 weeks does this mean I will have to keep on resetting the boiler every 5mins--> 1 hour?

Have you found out yet why it was not circulating the water properly?

Maybe you need to take the pump apart and have a look.

When the boiler is locking out, is it making any 'boiling' noises?

The more I read over this the more I'm thinking sod I pcb.

I think the pump is fine. It can switch easily between the 3 modes without hassle. It is just that boiler keeps tripping out :(

I will spend tomorrow filling and flushing the system. And see if it that McKee it stable. Once it is I will put in the X400 and leave it a couple of weeks.

I think the pump is fine. It can switch easily between the 3 modes without hassle.
And do you have reason to believe that is is circulating the water effectively? For example, do all the radiators get uniformly hot within a few minutes?

I wonder why it cuts out then. Could the stat have failed so that it overheats?

Does it stop firing sooner if the stat is turned down low?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back