Flushing in London SW15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a plumber to flush my saunier duval combi boiler + heating system that has not been used for nearly 2 years. Can anyone recommend someone in SW London?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I live near SW London but no sorry, can't imagine anyone would go near it.

I think what Chris is suggesting is that you should take a deep breath and get a heating engineer to take a look at the system and advise what needs to be done. After two years idle, with no further information about damp affecting the boiler electronics, seized-up pump, etc. just flushing it probably would not deliver much benefit. How old was the boiler before it was shut down? If it's a tatty old SD Combi more than (say) 10 years old in total, best option may be to replace the boiler altogether. Any half-decent installer will flush the rest of the system as part of the deal. (If a new boiler is installed WITHOUT flushing, most suppliers cancel all warranties!)

Are saunier duval that bad for ppl to run away from it?! The boiler is working ok. I thought I'll flush the central heating system to prolong the life of the boiler/pump.

The boiler cant be that old because it has a digital timer built in. I can't afford to change the bioler as I just moved in.

Sponsored Links
I saw an SD once which didn't have a puddle under it. Was starting to faint, until the owner said the system had no water in it.

Well, lets see how it goes... I've fired it up. Its working, a bit louder than I expected. No puddle so far. Wish me luck!

wizy77 said:
I'm looking for a plumber to flush my saunier duval combi boiler + heating system that has not been used for nearly 2 years. Can anyone recommend someone in SW London?

thanks

I can do it for you!!! how many rads do you have???

I am guessing by your postcode you live in barnes/putney?

Phil

Phil, you'll have to be a bit quicker off the mark to succeed in business. Check the posting date. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back