Flushing valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my niece has a problem with water constantly running into her toilet bowl.. the toilet has a "siamp single flush valve" which we cannot seem to obtain locally. would another type of flushing valve be suitable or must we stay with a "siamp"? thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
can you post a pic of the inside of the cistern? also one showing the handle and one showing how it fits to the pan?

Most cisterns have fairly standard fittings so you can fit a syphon or flapper. You will usually have to take the cistern off to do it. If the cistern has been in place a long time you will probably find all the screws are seized and rusty which makes it a tiresome job.

p.s. are you sure the fault is not with the ball valve dripping? this is easier to change.

sorry can't post a pic but we have an instruction manual that i have scanned and uploaded to photo bucket. will try to link to it. definitely not the ball valve cos we can lift that to shut it off.

scan0001.jpg

Isolate the float valve (or tie it up) and then follow the service instructions.

The valve should unclip by rotating it. Make sure you hold the base of the valve as you rotate the top part. Then check the flexible washer (seal) is clean and its seating face in the base of the pan is clear of debris/scale.

Otherwise its listed here http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/

Sponsored Links
thank you for that info gas guru. i've had the valve out and cleaned the washer and it's seat but it still lets water through so i guess it's time for a new valve or washer. incidentally we tried the helpline number on the instruction booklet and they could only help us if we could give them the name of the suite that the toilet belonged to. i guess actual nam,e of the part we required was a bit indistinct for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back