Siamp Skipper Flush Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit a siamp skipper Flush valve but am wondering how the small float works that's attached to the side of the unit. Doesn't help that all the instructions provided are in French/German and Siamps UK website just has the basics, not the detailed instructions.

It says to install the float so as it's 2cm under water level, however my water level is set quite high to give a good flush so even with the float at its highest setting it is a lot more than 2cm under water level.

I believe the small float is to regulate the short flush of the flush valve but how does it work? Surely it's the fill valve that dictates things, not the flush valve.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it:
For a small flush, the cistern will empty until the water level gets below the small float, for a long flush the cistern empties.
So if your float is more than 2cm under full water level, it just means your short flush will be more of a medium flush.

The fill valve doesn't know if it's a short/full flush, it just fills it back up to the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back