Flushing with mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system is Microbore 10mm open vent but the flow and return are both on the same end of the radiator. Any advice on what to do with a system like mine?

Sponsored Links
Get a new system, alternativley if thats not an option, if your radiators will take a pipe at either side you can fit new valves and move/extend one of the pipes currently at the valve to the other side, which will then allow water to flush through the radiator, and on 10mm wont be very much of a flush either, save up, get the system renewed would b my personal advice

there is nothing wrong with twin entry valves, and usually they are easy to change to normal valves anyway, providing the rad is compatible. Why would getting a new system be the best option? after all , he wants to flush, thats all!! getting a new system installed when nothing is really wrong is financially stupid as a new system would not pay for itself for many years. unless of course the system is dangerous or not working at all and cannot be fixed. i just converted to c plan and already im saving cash, and i did not have to rip out the system to achieve this,

with twin entry valves on microbore, the flow side of the valve has a long pipe attached to it which runs along the bottom of the rad inside and sprays the water in at the opposite end to the valve. the water then circulates through the rad, back to the valve again and exits through the return side of the valve. might not be the best way of doing it but it does work as my system is the same downstairs and i have no issues.

the better question to ask may be, "what is wrong with your system which requires flushing?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back