Do Vented Systems And Microbore Mix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler is dying, and I would like to install a vented heating and HW system instead.
My heating system has 10mm microbore to the rads. Is it Ok to have a vented set-up with microbore?

Sponsored Links
vented systems are a bit old hat now, plus a vented cyclinder would mean u would lose the advantage of high pressure HW which you have now.
Probs be better off with a system boiler and unvented cyclinder.

I assume your combi is sealed, if it is keep it so, it sounds like you want to change to a"conventional" system - with a H/W tank - this can continue as a sealed system, just needs ss kit, or a system boiler which has all kit included. micro-bore is acceptable.

And yes microbore will be fine will this system. It would be a good idea to get the system flushed before modifing aswell, so you dont bung up your new gear with slugdy water.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back