Flying paint roller.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is one I did a couple of years ago, but still gets mentioned by the bar-room barristers as a testament to my own stupidity.

Painting a room with Mag emulsion, the roller I was using on a pole kept coming loose. No problem I thought, as it came loose for the umpteenth time, I'll fix it with Gaffer tape wound round the roller handle connected to the pole. With the pole between my legs (....Stop it ! ) and the end of the (loaded) roller facing me I began to wind the Gaffer tape VERY VERY tightly fastening the roller to the pole.

All of a sudden the Gaffer tap snapped, the roller cracked me on the forehead and I had to wipe Mag emulsion out of my eyes whilst seeing stars.

I've still got a little semi-circular scar dead centre of my forehead as a permanent reminder.

Sponsored Links
Next door neighbour (I'll call him Ron, as that was his name) up a ladder painting the first floor window with the pot of paint on the windowsill.

Mrs neighbour (I'll call her Edna, as that was her name) opens the window to offer 'er Ron a cuppa char.

Pot of paint goes flying.

I've used a pot of paint to weight something while the glue dried, and knocked it off the kitchen worktop and it cracked and went all over the floor. Very unhappy I was as it was an almost full large pot wasted.

I've used a pot of paint to weight something while the glue dried, and knocked it off the kitchen worktop and it cracked and went all over the floor. Very unhappy I was as it was an almost full large pot wasted.

Was it oil based by any chance? :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Was it oil based by any chance? :LOL:

No.

If it had been I'd have brushed it all over the floor and saved buying floor paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back