Flymo L470

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi guys,
Sorry for jumping in on your tread but I have a flymo L470 and having some problems with it.

I was using my mower a few weeks ago and it suddenly died.

I have cleaned the carb and air filter and now am able to start the mower while its on choke, however as soon as I pull back on the choke it dies.
Also if I let it heat up on the choke it will die when its warm and then wont start again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A carburettor clean is required, I’m afraid - but Ive no idea which carb is fitted. A Walbro is likely but we’ll need a picture or a part number which will be stamped on.
John :)

Hi guys,
Sorry for jumping in on your tread but I have a flymo L470 and having some problems with it.

I was using my mower a few weeks ago and it suddenly died.

I have cleaned the carb and air filter and now am able to start the mower while its on choke, however as soon as I pull back on the choke it dies.
Also if I let it heat up on the choke it will die when its warm and then wont start again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sounds like a blocked jet in the carburettor. When you said cleaned the carburettor, how did you clean it?

If it is a blocked jet, what might sometimes work - is to remove the air filter, get engine revving as fast as possible, then slap the palm of your hand over the intake - idea is to create maximum vacuum, which might suck any dirt blocking jets out.

Sponsored Links
It could also be an air leak. If it can't run without the choke it may be that excess air is being sucked into the carb through a failed gasket or seal -- I find this more commonly than blocked jets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back