Foam gun

I have found that the non gun type plastic straws can be easily cleaned the foam never seems to fully fill the straw put is sort of a more brittle dark orange colour and once fully cured you can pull it out on one go, even the plastic part that attaches to the can - can be cleaned once set, a bit faffy but can be done.
But a gun is the way to go. Once its off there is no dribble unlink a standard can that keeps dribbling straight after using it, and you have to hold a can upside down but the can is held upside down already in a gun

Prior to buying a gun, I used to put a long screw in the end of the plastic straw to pull out the cured foam. Sometimes it would work, but not always. I used to turn the canister upright to expel some of the propellant after use. I would be surprised if I could use it 2 weeks later.

The dribbling thing, yeah, I used to leave paper under the gun to catch it. Since having a gun, I forgot that was a thing.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top