Focus heater control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just bought a 52 plate Focus Diesel (if that makes a difference!) and the heater control only works on speed 4 which annoys the hell out of me!!

Just wondered if it was a common problem with an easy fix, or whether it needs some new parts?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've experienced this on other cars and can almost certainally say its the heater resistor, could be a square plastic box affair with 4-6 pins in it or it could be a flat plate with a printed circuit, thay are normally found on the blower motor or adjascent to it ;)

dont know if you got the problem sorted, But its a common fault on the MK1 upto 94 focus, The heater resistor pack burns out. They are a tenner from any ford dealer. will take you 5 mins to swap, its located behind the glovebox. just open the glovebox, the push bothsides of the glove box in, so to allow the glovebox to freely drop down towards the floor, once the glove box is out of the way, you should see this (pic). Its the BLUE bit that goes, simply unplug it, undo the single self tapping screw, and it should come away in your hand, SWAP iit for the new one, and all should be ok again, REMEMBER, when the glovebox drops down full, there is a damper type piston thing, this falls out as you drop the glovebox lower than normal. so remember to reinsert the damper in its barrel as you close up the glovebox
focus1-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back