Foldable Plug

Sponsored Links
Sadly they aren't putting the plug into production (I'd have bought one), only the USB charger, followed possibly by a laptop charger, but how they can make a generic one of those I don't know. Maybe the choice of white means that they only plan to address the Apple market.

I saw something similar on a mobile phone charger yesterday. The insulated earth pin was spring loaded and locked down to a position level with the L & N pins when out of use.

Could always save space in the old laptop bag by cutting the plug off my charger lead, baring the wires, and carrying a few matchsticks....

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
The last pic is showing how well it fits into student digs :D

Doesn't comply with BS1363, because in this picture:
choi_uk_folding_plug02.jpg

there is insufficient distance between the pins and the edge of the plug - the distance is actually zero in that picture.

As not compliant, should not be manufactured or sold.
Even if they are, no one will buy them because
http://www.dezeen.com/2012/02/20/folding-plug-by-min-kyu-choi-goes-into-production/ said:
Priced at £25, the Mu adapters will be available to buy from ...

I have a way around the spacing issue.

Price not an issue for some - why else do Apple devices sell so fast on launch when everyone knows the price will fall.

I thought the plug in the pic was only a design concept?
Hopefully they will do a plug in the same sort of design as the charger.
The charger looks to be a different design with the finger guards the other way around so it isn't possible to pull them back, twisting the L&N pins would appear to lock the guards in place. Don't think the multi way adaptor concept will work with it tho.

I will buy a plug if/when they become available, I have no current need for a USB charger tho.

Be nice if the demonstrator cleaned and cut his nails. Look bitten from the picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back