Font size changes being automatically removed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried posting this (NOTE - I've edited the size tags so that they don't get picked up as such, and people can see what I entered):

1. -[S|ZE=7] [/S|ZE]Unless the supply is TT there is no good reason to prefer a plastic enclosure, unless they are significantly cheaper.
  2. -[S|ZE=7] [/S|ZE]No future "non combustible" requirements would mean you were forced to replace a plastic one with a metal one.

Basically I wanted the space after the '-' in each line to be larger. A space is allowable there, and does not get removed. A larger size for any other character is allowable, and does not get removed.

Why does the larger size for a space get removed?

This is the block of text without the tags fiddled with, shown as BB Code:

upload_2018-6-22_23-37-0.png

and this is what it gets changed to by the site, either on posting or on switching into BB Code and back out:

upload_2018-6-22_23-38-48.png

Why?

Who benefits from this "feature", and in what way?

Sponsored Links
My guess is that a 'space' does not exist in any font.
For example, if you look in character map or similar, there is no 'space' available in any type of font.

Space is a character (ASCII 32). In this case the underlying software is removing empty tags, as it considers a lone space as 'empty'. There are many cases where empty tags are left in a post and so they are cleaned out.

Sponsored Links
Oh well - I'll keep trying to find a way to do what I actually want to achieve - a greater line spacing with lists.

Back