#diyheader li {
float:left;
background:url("//i.diynot.com/t/l.gif") no-repeat left top;
margin:0;
padding:0 0 0 12px;
font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif, verdana; font-size: small;
}
[/code:1]

In a nutshell, Firefox displays text, in a list, with no BBCode size tags, smaller than text with no size tags which is not in a list.

IE does not do this - the text is the same size.

So which one is broken?
  • Is this text supposed to appear smaller than the rest of the text in this post or is it not?
Is Firefox making it smaller when it's not supposed to?

Or is IE making it the same size when it's not supposed to?

IE on the left, FF on the right:

screenhunter05dec201522.jpg

Sponsored Links
In a nutshell, Firefox displays text, in a list, with no BBCode size tags, smaller than text with no size tags which is not in a list.

IE does not do this - the text is the same size.

So which one is broken?
  • Is this text supposed to appear smaller than the rest of the text in this post or is it not?
Is Firefox making it smaller when it's not supposed to?

[code:1] BODY, H1, TH, TD, OL, UL, LI { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small; color: #000000}[/code:1]

You'll note the quote and code are 11px rather than 12px. I wonder why..

[code:1].postbody { font-size : 12px; line-height: 18px}
.code {
font-family: Courier, 'Courier New', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #006600;
background-color: #FAFAFA; border: #C5D3FB; border-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px }
.quote { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #444444; line-height: 125%;
background-color: #FAFAFA; border: #C5D3FB; border-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px }[/code:1]

Ah, that explains that.

So is Firefox making it smaller when it's not supposed to?

One of them is doing it wrong.

Indeed :LOL:

What I can't understand though is why the site is designed with the default size for text within lists to be smaller than the default size elsewhere.

Hmmm.

Not sure what's tidier about the default size being 11 for text in a list and 12 outside it.

Of all the applications I've ever used which have the ability to change fonts and sizes etc, I've never encountered a single one where the developers had decided that applying a list attribute should automatically make the font size smaller as well because they thought it was tidier.

Sponsored Links
Back