Strange font sizes with Firefox

Looks to me that you're copying and pasting stuff in word or similar, and it's using the existing fonts.

More info BAS on what you are trying to do.

Word for etc will remember tags, bullets etc unless you clear the page.

Sponsored Links
Looks to me that you're copying and pasting stuff in word or similar, and it's using the existing fonts.

I'm sure you think it looks that way, but it's nothing to do with it.

The font size will be set in the stylesheet somewhere.

FGS are you being deliberately obtuse?
maybe if you lifted the text from somewhere else there is size code hidden in the link within :eek: :eek:
No, I just typed it in.

You only have to hit the quote button to see that there are no size tags.

More info BAS on what you are trying to do.
Enter text in a post, apply the BBCode tags to make it a bulleted list.

Word for etc will remember tags, bullets etc unless you clear the page.
WTH has Word got to do with it?

:rolleyes:

bas we re trying to be helpful yes we are having a bit off fun on the way but nothing to be awkward :(

i had already seen your comment above but had no useful reply so didnt make one :D

Sponsored Links
If you said what you were doing instead of making silly posts with different size fonts, you might get a better reply. or not. :rolleyes:

I already suggested you were using tags.

BAS, you are not wrong.

Text posted within a list is not altered by the font BBcode.

• the font just
  • does not change
  • for items in the list
  • when using font tags.

The above should be this big.

But it's not.

However it is not completely following the BBcode standard listing format. http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=12

If you said what you were doing instead of making silly posts with different size fonts, you might get a better reply. or not. :rolleyes:
I'm not making silly posts with different sized fonts.

I already suggested you were using tags.
Which indicates a certain level of idiocy, as I had already said I'm not, and all you have to do is to go to my opening post, hit the quote button, and you'll see that I'm not.

What's wrong with you?

You always was the pathetic little man BAS nothing changes. :rolleyes:

BAS, you are not wrong.

Text posted within a list is not altered by the font BBcode.

• the font just
  • does not change
  • for items in the list
  • when using font tags.

The above should be this big.

But it's not.
  • the bullet symbols
  • seem to be effectively font
  • tags and break some tag pairs
  • starting outside, but you can
  • change size on a line-by-line
  • basis.
  • some tags work
  • OK when wrapped
  • around a list, e.g italic
  • Or bold
  • and underline
  • But not colour
  • for some reason

You always was the pathetic little man BAS nothing changes. :rolleyes:
big-all suggested that if I'd copied the text from elsewhere it maybe had size tags in it, and I said no, I'd just typed it in, and pointed out that you only have to hit the quote button to see that there are no size tags.

You then said perhaps the page has tags etc, but given the time stamp you might not have seen my reply to big-all at that point.

But you would have seen it by the time you suggested the problem was user error. But no, rather than just click to see what was in my post, tags and all, you thought you'd say that it might be my mistake.

When I asked you to show me what the mistake was you wrote that utter rubbish about copying and pasting text from Word or similar, and about how Word etc will remember tags and bullets, despite the fact that nothing like that is even possible because the differences between the markup methods means it doesn't work like that, and despite the fact that you knew I was just typing the text in and despite the fact that I'd told you that all you had to do was to click and you'd see that I'd not put any tags in.

Then even after I had again told you that I was just typing the text in and again told you that you only had to hit the quote button to see that there are no size tags you said "I already suggested you were using tags".

And you wonder why I'm p*ss*d off with your obtuseness, and start to question your mental capacity?

Just be your normal self BAS you'll get over it :mrgreen:

There's a button at the top of Firefox "getting Started"

Really?

What does this button look like?

screenhunter05dec131239.jpg

And when I find it, how do I use it to tell Firefox to not use a smaller font when displaying bulleted lists on websites using, or based on, phpBB?

Can't resist :LOL:

• But text which is in a list
  • appears smaller than normal.
  • I can't find an option to control this.
  • Options -> Content -> Fonts -> Advanced has "Allow pages to choose their own fonts" ticked...
  • Below is what I see.
  • Very odd.
  • Em works for me.
  • its a code you tell it what you want it to say

Can't resist :LOL:
You also can't help, can you.

The purpose of your list was what?

To show that you too can apply text attributes to individual lines in a list, like I did a few posts ago?

Was it meant to be an answer to "What does this button look like?"

Do you still think that I'm putting tags in to make the text in a list appear smaller?

Is it worth asking you once more to grasp the fact the when I look at your post the text for "Options -> Content -> Fonts -> Advanced has "Allow pages to choose their own fonts" ticked..." and "Em works for me." is smaller than "Can't resist", even though they should be the same default Normal size (12)?

Is it worth asking you to note that text which has no [size= ] [/size] applied to it appears smaller than text which has [size=12] [/size] tags, even though 12 is what it should default to?

When you originally copied my list, did you notice that I hadn't done anything to make the text smaller?

When you look at the screenshot of your post, with the tags, or lack of them, which you used can you see the size discrepancies I have described?

screenhunter05dec131641.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back